I was just thinking about how nice it would be to have a Textmate command that could help you isolate the block of code you’re working on.
Here’s the idea, when you’re working in a big, messy file you could:
- highlight a block of code
- press a key combination
- Textmate grabs that selected block
- opens a new file and sets it to the current language
- pastes in the block of code
- make all of your edits
- press the same key combo
- Textmate cuts the edited code
- closes the temp document
- replaces the original block of code with the updated version
That sounds like it would be pretty handy. When I get some time I’ll try to create such a thing. Plus, I need to rework my css property arranger. Some friends (and I) have found glitches.